Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Activities

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day and a relaxing day off. I also hope you took the time to remember why we celebrate this special day and give thanks to the men and women who have served our country.

Memorial Day is like an unofficial start of summer, and boy did it feel like a summer day! I was outside for most of the day and I felt like I was going to melt. My family and I went to Elk Neck State Park where you can walk out to the Turkey Point lighthouse, which is on a cliff overlooking the North East River. Being on top of those cliffs and seeing everything around me always makes me feel so small. I'm amazed at all the beauty that there is in this world.

For dinner we went to The Wellwood by the North East River Marina, and we ate at their River Shack. This is a more laid back setting where everyone is eating crabs, and they even had outdoor seating set up in the sand so you feel like you're at the beach. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was great. Across the street, there were tons of people on the little river beach and the docks laying out, grilling, and swimming in the river.

When we got home, my dog Bailey and I took our first swim of the year :) I can't believe how warm the water is already! Everything seems to be happening early this year. Even the lightning bugs are already coming out at night. The last activity of this amazing summer day was a bonfire and of course, s'mores.

I loved every second of it, and I wanted to share some of my favorite pictures from this day.



















No comments: