Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"The Key To My Secrets"

This is the name of the recital dance that I choreographed for my modern class at Cecil Dancenter. It's to the song "Secrets" by One Republic, so you can probably see a theme here. We use a large golden key as a prop to represent the secrets that each and every one of us holds onto in our lives. At the end of the dance the key is given away so there is nothing left to hide. We have less than a minute of the dance left to finish, which is spectacular considering there is still about two and a half months until the recital.

I am so proud of my students and I'm very pleased with everything we have accomplished so far this year. They all work hard in class, they're always on their best behavior, and they are talented dancers. As a teacher, I couldn't ask for more :)

This past Saturday I held a "photoshoot" during our class time since the recital costumes came in the week before. I absolutely adore  their costumes, by the way. They look even better in person than they did in the picture! It is a light, flowy top with shorts and it is iridescent with a hint of gold to match the key. I wanted to share some of the pictures because they turned out so beautifully.










"Tell me what you want to hear
Something that were like those years
I'm sick of all the insincere
So I'm gonna give all my secrets away"

1 comment:

Lisa said...

beautiful....dancers, choreographer, song and writing