Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Meet My New Love, Pinterest

It's true, I've hopped on the band wagon. I know what you're thinking, "It's about time!". Even my mom had a Pinterest account before I did and she had to explain to me how to use it. But, it's official, I'm hooked. For those of you who are out of the loop like I was, the fun starts here.

Pinterest is a place where anyone can post photos, quotes, and inspiration for everyone to see. If you have an account, you can pin these things to your boards and customize the categories that you use. Now, I'm no expert yet, but my favorite categories to look at are food, quotes, and dance photography, of course.

If I want to make something new and healthy to spice up my meals, I go to Pinterest for recipes. Even just looking at the pictures gives me inspiration to create something totally outside the box. It's amazing what you will find: cake in a jar, apple pie baked inside apples, and cupcakes inside ice cream cones. As you can probably tell, my favorite things to make are desserts :)
I love looking at all of the different quotes and sayings posted on Pinterest simply because they make you feel good! It's like having a friend that always knows the right thing to say. I also love sharing uplifting quotes with others via Facebook and Twitter. Share the love!
I would call myself an amateur photographer as well as a dancer. I enjoy being on both sides of the camera, and I am always inspired by dance photography. When it comes to this type of photography, I have always been the one in the pictures, but recently, I have been interested in what it would be like to be taking the pictures. What is so amazing about dance photography is that it captures fluid movement, and no two pictures will ever be the same. Pinterest has fed my appetite for beautiful dance photos.
Since this is my first week on Pinterest, here are some of my top finds so far:
 pretty cake
 peacock nails!
 seaside homes in Italy
 a hammock in the ocean
 SNL
 free
 inspirational
 underwater dance photography; I have no clue how this was possible!
 true
 rawr!
 tree home
 my dream kitchen
 flying
beauty

No comments: