Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

SYTYCJ: Days 3-5

Me with all of the teachers :)

I haven’t been able to find the time to blog about the last three days of the Jamz workshop due to the long and traffic-filled commute every evening. Wednesday and Thursday were very similar to the first two days, but Kupono had to leave on Wednesday and we had Kameron from season 3 as a replacement. Kameron’s movement style was calm and organic, which was a change from all the other styles we had been practicing during the week. Most of the classes were fast paced and physically demanding. I loved how we got such a variety of experiences all in one day. On the last day, Katee told our class that she was amazed at how much we had improved in a matter of a couple days. I am so glad I took part in this opportunity because it was a chance for me to evolve as a dancer in the styles that I love.

On Friday we had an informal performance showing the parents and other dancers our combinations that we learned throughout the week. It was exciting to perform for everyone as well as seeing the other classes’ combinations. Overall, I had a great time and learned so much from all of my teachers. They taught me about how to be a "smart dancer" and how to work hard. They challenged me physically and mentally, and I feel like a better dancer and performer because of it. Not only did I enjoy my experience with the SYTYCD teachers, but I had a blast with the other girls in the class. They were all so funny and welcoming to me when I came to their studio. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything!

Kupono; one of my favorites!

Ashley's "Geisha" jazz combination:

Brandon's combo to "Turnt 4 Da Weekend":

Comfort's hip hop routine:

1 comment:

Lisa said...

love, love, love :)