Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

The End of A Great Dance Season


This past weekend my dance studio had its spring recital, and everything about it was a great success. It was a bittersweet time because as it always goes, some dancers have to graduate and some of the teachers will not be returning in the fall (including me). But it's also a special milestone in many dancers' lives because they know they have made it through another year of dance training and there is only more growth and improvement to come.

I could not be more proud of my students for the amazing performances they gave. This past year has taught me patience, understanding, and compassion, and my dancers have helped me become a better teacher and a better person. All of our practice in the studio paid off on stage because each and every one of them was shining like a star. They were fully committed to what they were doing and they truly danced rather than just performing the steps. I am so grateful that I got the opportunity to make an impact in these young peoples' lives and this experience has been both exciting and valuable.

Here is the level 9 modern performance from Sunday night:


My class and I during our studio photoshoot :)

Caroline at the ending of the piece

Maya & Kylie

 
Jada passing the key to Addie

Me with some of the girls in the dressing room

Addie with all of her teachers

Kylie and I :)

GREAT JOB THIS WEEKEND GIRLS!


No comments: