Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Back to the Ol' Grind

Well, it's hump day on my first week back at school, but it feels like it should be the weekend already. I think I just need to get accustomed to my new sleeping, eating, and dancing schedule considering it was all out of wack during the past seven weeks. Did I mention I had the longest winter break of all time? I had grown used to waking up at 10:30 a.m, skipping lunch, and not really dancing consistently. Breaking old habits is always hard. Actually, the semester has been going rather smoothly so far; all three days of it. Let's hope it continues that way! I only have two classes on Monday and Wednesday, then three on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Each day begins at 11 a.m. Not too shabby. I'm planning on driving Mondays and Wednesdays since they're shorter days and taking the train the other days. A lot of people can't seem to understand why I commute to school, but I actually kind of like it. It's not too far away and when I travel it's like "me time". I get to read or do homework before I get home. Anyways, I love every single one of my teachers and the classes are perfect. Since Mondays and Wednesdays are the same and Tuesdays and Thursdays are the same, I pretty much already know how the rest of my week is going to go. I love that because I always like being prepared.

I have the same ballet teacher that I had last semester and I just adore her. She is so knowledgeable and gives corrections that I would never even think of. I feel like I'm really improving in her class. The past two days we've had class in the studio with slippery wooden floors, which can be very difficult to dance on at times. But I did six pirouettes today so I ain't complainin'! After ballet is ballet reperatory, which is a class where you learn a piece that is performed in the dance company show in the spring. I can already tell it's going to be an incredible piece because the teacher is an amazing choreographer. He's thinking of combining extremely classical variations with really contemporary movement to have opposite ends of the spectrum all in one dance. Then there's modern and it was a blast yesterday since we had three classes combined. It's always challenging with a huge class because sometimes you can't see the teacher and there's not as much room to move around, but the atmoshpere is so energetic and positive. I only have two academic classes this semester: Family Studies and Math. I am horrible at math so I was a little worried, but it seems like it's going to be a basic review of everything we learned in high school. Phew! Basically, I'm a happy camper who's really looking forward to the rest of the semester. It's going to be a particularly easy one for me as far as my work load goes, but I'm ready to have fun and give it my all. :)

No comments: